Sunday, February 3, 2008

Agricultural Pesticides have become a major contributor in the production of agriculture in the United States. Even though pesticides are know to be healpful the the production of agriculture they are also known to be harmful to the human body. They damage the immune system, liver and kidneys. These chemicals are extremely toxicand have the ability to become killers. Children are the ones who have the most side effects when exposed to them. There is a great publich concern and debate about the biotechnologies used to grow agriculture because of the potential risk of consuming them. People want their food to be natural as possible. They feel like the more natural the production the safter it is to eat. Publix is understanding this more and more and wants to promote to their customers that their food is natural and safe to eat.

2 comments:

Teressa said...

Knowing that pesticides are so harmful and are used in fruits and vegetables, makes me really stop and think each time I eat a fruit. I take an extra precaution and always wash my fruit with soap and water. I know crazy ! But I rather intake soap then a pesticide that will cause harm upon me later on!

neoselvafoundation said...

Good work on your post!